WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
“We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.”
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information. We keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall.
We recommend that you always close down your internet browser when you have finished shopping online especially if you use a shared PC. This will delete temporary cookies from any sites that you may have visited.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
WE WILL NEVER SEND AN EMAIL OR TELEPHONE YOU TO ASK FOR YOUR SECURITY INFORMATION OR LOG ON DETAILS.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on line over the internet. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We will not be held responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or willful default.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you to:
- set up, manage your account and contact you about your account;
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with, or permit third parties to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and notify you about changes to our service.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
You will have the opportunity to subscribe to other areas of the site. For instance you may wish to receive our newsletter or enter competitions. In these circumstances we will ask for additional information, such as your age, occupation, style interests etc. This will help us to target our marketing in a way we feel would be of specific interest to you. We may, from time to time, send with your ordered products, inserts advertising the goods or services of unrelated third party companies. However, we do not pass on your personal data to these third party companies.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information:
- 1. to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985;
- 2. if Envy Store UK or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets and, in which case, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- 3. to protect our customers and www.envystoreuk.co.uk from fraud and theft, we may pass on personal information that we obtain from making identity checks, together with account information to organisations including law enforcement agencies, involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction;
- 4. if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or,
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the personal information you provide to us without your consent.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing information from us you have the option of ‘opting out’. Clear instructions on how to opt out of each area will be detailed specifically (for instance at the bottom of our e-newsletter your will have the option ‘To unsubscribe from our emails or alternatively, please let us know in writing.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please write to us at:
We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org